Friday 10 April 2009

Wipeout day art-wise

Really had to go supermarket shopping this morning as no food left in the house and with an ever "peckish" husband around all weekend that would never do. Of course, everyone and his mother were there buying enough food to last till the next ice age. Why do people do that every bank holiday? It's a mystery to me.

Decided that I really must do something about the front garden when I got home and take advantage of the glorious spring weather - especially as rain is forecast for the rest of the Easter weekend. I don't know whether it's because our house is at the foot of a small hill, or because it's at a junction but it seems like everybody else's litter ends up in our garden - which isn't always a bad thing as it hides the weeds (as you may have guessed, I'm not much of a gardener). Anyway, filled one bin bag with crisp packets, sweet wrappers, a pizza box, miscellanous bits of paper, dead leaves and even two empty beer cans and two bin bags with weeds. It looks slightly better but it could do with another half day out there to get it respectable. For once, I'm hoping the weather forecasters are right and it does rain so I'll have an excuse not to finish the gardening and do some creating instead!

Anyway, John's just made me a coffee and I'm sitting on the sofa with my feet up, laptop in place and I'm about to take my first look at my new "Lovely Lutradur" book on a CD that Marion Barnett (co-author and aka artmixter) very kindly hand delivered to my door this morning while I was at the supermarket. Mind you, I don't know what she thought of John going to the door still in his dressing gown at nearly lunchtime! In his defence, he does usually get up at 4.30am for work and it is a holiday after all.

No comments: