Sunday 12 July 2009

A bit of this and a bit of that

Now the pressure is off I've just been enjoying myself doing a variety of things.

First up is this machine embroidered panel, the inspiration for which came from one of the wonderful photographs taken by the amazing Yann Arthus Bertrand. The original photograph is of a flooded valley after the construction of a dam with the dead tree stumps sticking up out of the water.


And a close up


I've also played around with a canvas covered with crumpled tissue paper and painted with acrylics which I've called 'Fire in the woods' for want of a more inspired title.


I treated myself to some Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and made some cards.




And I've embarked on a new piece since getting Maggie Grey's new book, 'Stitches, Straps and Layers'. This is very much a 'work in progress' - here are the beginnings of the first two layers - more anon.



No comments: