Tuesday 28 December 2010

Briefly back ....



Just a quick post to show you the main reason why I've been so quiet here lately. You may remember this previous post about Mum's hexagon quilt. Well, three kilometres (!) of thread and much swearing later I finally finished it on Christmas Eve. She was so pleased, it immediately went on the bed.

Off to Northumberland again for New Year - hope the weather isn't as bad as last year and we have another awful journey like this one. As soon as we get back, I have a crafting session to run for about 17 'hens' at my niece's hen weekend. Hopefully, I can then get back to some stitching for myself.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Nuvofelt said...

It looks lovely. Well done for finishing it!

Karen said...

well done on the quilt, it looks great and what an original idea for a hen party, love it!! Thanks for the input too, much appreciated.

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Beautiful quilt, it is fab.