Monday 20 September 2010

September catch up

Last time I posted, I was getting ready for my holiday in St Cirq Lapopie, which is a beautiful village in the Lot Valley in France. I did manage to make myself a new bag before we went and it came in very useful.


It already seems ages ago that we were soaking up the sun and relaxing in the lovely garden of our rented house. While we were there, I had intended to work on Gina's Sketchbook Project but I got a bit sidetracked into doing some close examination of the leaves in the garden - drawing, painting, printing and stencilling:-















I got a bit obsessed with the fern image and it may well form the basis of a stitched piece in future.

The day after we returned from holiday, we attended some friends' wedding and I made a pair of cushions as a wedding gift. (mental note to self - avoid velvet and taffetta when possible in future!)

Here's one side:-


and here's the other:-


And lastly, our EG branch had half a dozen sketchbooks donated to be used as raffle prizes and I've volunteered to make removable covers for them. Here's the first one finished:-



2 comments:

Gina said...

Lovely sketchbook work Amanda and those cushions are gorgeous... very sumptious!

Sharne Gregory said...

You have been busy. Love the fern image that you used.